Bajaj Auto sales hit a high in April
The company, which recorded its highest ever sales in 2011-12, appears on course to eclipse that performance in the current fiscal if the April 2012 trend continues. The company seems to have shaken off the slowdown blues triggered by the March 2012 decline in sales.
Interestingly, the growth in exports seems to be overtaking growth in domestic sales, at least, in percentage terms. Bajaj Auto said during April 2012, it sold 3,42,324 two-wheelers, representing a 6 per cent growth over the April 2011 sales of 3,22,235 motor cycles. However, the sale of commercial vehicles took a hit in April this year, falling by 13 per cent to 39,266 units compared to 45,074 units in April 2011.
Total vehicle sales at 3,81,590 was the highest for any April, a 4 per cent growth over that for April last year (3,67,309 units). Of the total vehicle sales, exports jumped to 1,69,010, a 7 per cent increase over the 1,58,422 units exported in the same previous period. Sales in April this year were 11 per cent higher than the figures for March this year.
In March 2012, Bajaj sold 3,00,848 two-wheelers and 34,667 commercial vehicles, taking the total sales to 3,35,515 units.